Tuesday, June 29, 2010

weekend disapointment

So I didn't go camping, but I didn't wuss out. Forces beyond my control derailed the plans and I think it was just the universe saying - you know camping just isn't "you" - and I have to agree.


Instead, on Saturday I slept in, stayed home, read books and avoided this. Yes, that is a police car burning in the middle of the main shopping district in Toronto ...


and hooligans running rampant and wantonly destroying property.


The federal government spent over 1 billion dollars on security but they couldn't stop a bunch of idiots breaking windows in broad daylight.


So on Sunday the police just started arresting everybody. People and civil right were trampelled in the process. I don't honestly know what was accomplished by the G8/G20, but I really don't think it warranted turning my very peaceful city into a police state to the tune of 1 billion dollars.


I went to the boat and hung out with the fine fellow and fed the swans some more. They are growing so quickly!

(photos from the Toronto Star)

3 comments:

  1. ugh! don't get me started about what happens whenever the Canadiens win a playoff game!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuts.

    So because of your towns shenanigans, the blue jays played the phillies in Philadelphia instead. I got to go on Friday night. And they won. So thanks for that :)

    Hopefully you'll go camping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I've been seeing this on the news. Just crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...