Thursday, July 15, 2010

time for a summer cleaning

So I have a dear, dear friend coming to visit for almost two weeks with her two year-old and her four year-old kidlettes. She will be visiting sans husband because she is now a divorced lady as a result of some horrifying revelations about his true character that if I shared would make you all cry and then get really angry.


I am just so thankful that she is keeping it together and that the kids are happier than they have ever been. And I'm looking forward to getting a chance to really get to know her little ones. I haven't even met her little boy yet, but I'm sure we're all going to have lots of fun and my-girl-T and I will probably get very little sleep. But it will be so good to connect on the everyday things since she lives so far away now and it's been more than 10 years since we were roommies.


That's what happens when I visit my NYC bestie and her now very large, little ones. I try to spend as much time with them as I can and then the grown-ups get to visit after lights out and we barely sleep. I always need a vacation when I get home.


I took a look around the house last night and it seems I have kinda let things go a bit since I did my spring cleaning. And then it occurred to me that I need to do some toddler-proofing!


I don't even know where to begin but a friend suggested I walk around my house on my knees to figure out what might be casualty-inducing for them or the stuff.


Oh, boy - I'm going to encourage lots of outdoor play time, you know, like on the Island ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...