Wednesday, July 13, 2011

new ideas

I've been a bit mia lately. I'm actually working a bit right now to fund birthday plane tickets for both my siblings. Very excited that they'll both be visiting in August - yay! Not only are they coming but so is my girlfriend from NYC with her hubby and my two most favorite kids - Tomio & Julia! So it's a good thing I've got some new ideas about how to spruce up the spare room!



















I really haven't done anything in here since I quickly set it up for my first roommate about two years ago. So yes, that ugly rice paper blind is still there.



















But not for long! Thanks to Emily from Secrets of a Stylist, I'm getting curtains for this room! No, I didn't win them, but when I saw them I thought they would be just the thing I didn't know I was looking for.


As I was thinking about how lovely these beauties will make things, it occurred to me that there might be a better way to organize the space. Now that I've rearranged the furniture, I know I'm right! I'm pretty sure I can get an extra mattress in there now, which will be crucial for the kids to have their own beds, particularly since Tomio has grown taller than me! Once the curtains arrive, and I've primped and spruced, I'll show it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...