Monday, April 11, 2011

clafoutis ... almost

The saga of the wheat-free clafoutis continues. I am determined to make one of these because I LOVE it! To recap, I have made this twice now and both times were massive failures. But, hey-ho, I have a new pyrex pie plate and so I decided to go back the the original recipe and try again to see what would happen.

















Okay, much better. I overcooked it a bit I think, and it puffed up and then fell after I took it out of the oven. But it was totally edible and pretty good. So, the vintage pie plate was the big problem here. Next time I will try another recipe with more eggs cause I would like it to be eggy-er.

















After I made this I looked up some videos to see if I could pick up some tips on how to do it better. I found this handy and entertaining video where Chef Nathan makes it in pan - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...