Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my second red kitchen

When I found this apartment I couldn't believe how great the size of the kitchen was - big enough for my beloved mid-century teak table! I also couldn't believe that I would have to deal with yet another hideous red kitchen.


Painting over red is particularly fun when the other half of your kitchen is a dirty white and you want the whole thing to be the same colour when you are done. (Hmmm, I guess I thought it looked so bad that I didn't even bother to tidy up, even though this is the view from the front door - ooops).


To be clear, the splotchy-ness of the red is not due to the light or the camera, it is due to one coat of crappily-applied crappy-paint. But it took me quite a while to figure out how to deal with it all as clearly the paint-job wasn't the only problem.


No counter space and dingy, painted textured wallpaper also posed a few issues.


Anthropologie saved the day when they opened in Toronto over the summer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...